About Center for Humane Technology (CHT)
CHT's mission is to catalyze a humane future. We reframe the insidious effects of persuasive technology, expose the runaway systems beneath, and deepen the capacity of leaders across sectors and global decision-makers to take wise action. In 2020, CHT was thrilled to support the development and release of The Social Dilemma, the acclaimed Netflix documentary directed by Jeff Orlowski-Yang on the existential threats posed by social media, reaching an estimated 100 million viewers worldwide.
Learn more at humanetech.com
About CHT’s Humane Innovation Lead Role
This product management role is for someone who cares deeply about making a difference in tomorrow’s technology products. Our online course, Foundations of Humane Technology, is a significant strategic opportunity to engage with a growing ecosystem of humane technologists to drive cultural change throughout the industry. The course equips a growing movement with core principles, frameworks, and practices in humane technology. Thousands of people are already enrolled, with orders of magnitude more coming, and interest from a wide range of partners across technology, policy, investment, media, and more.
Reporting to CHT Co-Founder Randima Fernando and working in close collaboration, our Humane Innovation Lead will own day-to-day responsibility for our course and its community. This includes course content and user experience, packaging for different audiences (including workshops), marketing, public presentations, and supporting our global community.
- Terms: Full-time permanent role with 90 day trial period
- Level: Mid-level
- Compensation: $130k - $150k annual salary, generous PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K with 4% matching
- Location: As with all roles at CHT, this role will be mostly remote with regular opportunities for in-person collaboration in the SF Bay Area
Build distribution partnerships that leverage our course, Foundations of Humane Technology, and its community to build a more robust humane technology ecosystem
- Ensure that strategic stakeholders who can benefit from the course content are aware of it, and key representatives (and groups) are enrolled
- Deliver customized workshops for strategic partners
- Build partnerships with well-regarded professional networks across industries to facilitate widespread adoption of the course
- Support convenings of these ecosystem partners to discuss building and enhancing shared infrastructure that may move the ecosystem forward (e.g., job boards, investor networks, industry awards)
- Engage with CHT’s allies in building a humane technology ecosystem that advances their strategic initiatives when appropriate
Build a thriving community of practice around the course
- Identify key stakeholders from among the course community and support them in driving cultural change within their organizations
- Refine, create and facilitate regular events and affinity groups that strategically advance a more humane technology ecosystem
- Facilitate disagreements among course participants when necessary.
- Provide support to course participants as needed
Iteratively improve the course, incorporating community feedback
- Project-manage course improvements based on feedback from course participants and advisors (coordinating work on writing, visuals, video, UX experience across different course content contributors)
- Build adaptations of course content and other resources for strategic audiences (via video, in-person workshops, slide decks, etc…)
Skills & Experience
Ideal candidates will have some combination of the following:
- Strong understanding of the material in Foundations of Humane Technology (either by completing the course content or via other experience/training)
- 5+ years experience in product or program management
- Experience in the tech industry, ideally with the product development process
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator
- Demonstrated experience building a thriving and diverse online learning community
- 1+ years experience with AirTable or similar data management system
- Demonstrated experience in CHT mission-aligned work
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Strategic thinker, systems thinker
- Highly adaptable, adjusting effectively to complexity and changing conditions
- High integrity
The Center for Humane Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace in which everyone is welcomed, valued, and supported. CHT recruits, employs, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, age, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, color, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, creed, physical or mental disability, or any other factor declared unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local law.